The Orange County Register recently reported on a pedestrian accident that happened in Los Alamitos. The incident happened near the intersection of Bloomfield Street and Ball Road. Around 2 pm that day, a vehicle being driven by a woman in 30s ran up onto a sidewalk and hit four pedestrians on the sidewalk. After hitting the pedestrians, the woman’s car came to a rest in the drive-through of a nearby Chase Bank.
All the pedestrians were adults. They were all taken to hospitals in critical condition. The driver of the car was also taken to the hospital for treatment. As of this writing, the police were still investigating what led to the car accident.
What Should Pedestrians Do If They Are Injured in a Car Wreck?
Following a pedestrian accident, pedestrians should:
- Make sure everyone is okay
- Seek immediate medical attention for anyone injured in the collision
- Call the police
- If medically possible, stay at the accident scene until the police arrive and say you can leave
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Get the contact information and insurance information of the driver
- Get the contact information for passengers and witnesses
If you or someone you love has been the victim of the pedestrian accident, you should speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An injury lawyer can answer your questions, analyze your situation, tell you whether you have a case and help you hold those responsible for your pain and suffering accountable. The personal injury lawyers at Turner Modarelli have years of experience successfully fighting for justice for injury victims in California and Nevada.